Y-Time After School Staff (Non-Driver Age)
Job Type: Part-time
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y-time staff maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals, promotes the potential of all youth, and provides a quality experience to both youth and their families.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all program activities.
- Assists all children with any homework they have.
- Follows all procedures and standards as established by the Y; maintains the program site, equipment, and required program records.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming.
- Creates a positive rapport and shared interest with all youth.
- Provides opportunities for youth to lead, problem-solve, and make decisions and choices within the program and provides daily opportunities for youth to reflect on and respond to their experiences.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Provides and welcomes ongoing dialogue with parents and caregivers about their child’s needs and progress; conducts parent/caregiver conferences; connects families to the Y.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, and staff training as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to teach the beginning week and ending week of each session. No vacations/days off will be allowed during those time periods.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established the Y.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications are required.
- Child Abuse Prevention training is required within 30 days of hire.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting is preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
For more information, please contact Shannon Sliwinski [email protected]