Red Cross Lifeguard Training
Learn how to effectively prevent and respond to water emergencies with the American Red Cross lifeguard training. Our courses are designed to arm you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a variety of scenarios in and around the water. With our lifeguard training, you will learn how quick response times and effective preparation are vital to being a lifeguard while also understanding the crucial elements in helping to prevent drownings and injuries. The American Red Cross lifeguard training and certification are imperative to the process of getting hired on as an official Red Cross lifeguard. Our detailed training includes both testing of hands-on skills as well as comprehension on written tests. It is a Blended Learning course including 7.5 hours of online learning combined with in-person training. The certification, which includes First Aid, CPR, and AED training, is valid for two years upon completion and is accepted nationwide.
- Students must be at least 15 years old.
- Students must pass a swimming skills test prior to taking lifeguarding courses.
- The skills tested include:
- Swimming 300 yards of front or breaststroke;
- Swimming 20 yards to retrieve a 10-pound weight in 9 feet of water and then 20 yards back to the starting point; and treading water for two minutes.
Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED & Babysitting
Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED & Babysitting may be available. Contact Nicole Hatfield at [email protected] for more information.