Learn the skills and knowledge required to become an American Red Cross Lifeguard, including how to recognize, prevent and respond quickly to aquatic emergencies. Learn CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and First Aid. This course incorporates in-person, in-water, and online components. Participants will receive certification after attending all class sessions, passing all written exams and water skills. Payment of class fees does not guarantee certification. For more information, contact Missy Contri.
Friday 9/8 6pm - 9pm
Saturday 9/9 10am - 7pm
Sunday 9/10 9am - 5pm
PRE-COURSE SWIM TEST
- You must be at least 15 years of age for Lifeguarding before the last day of the training class to participate.
- 300 Yard continuous swim of freestyle or breaststroke
- Brick Test – Complete in 1 minute, 40 seconds- Swim 20 yards, surface dive to 7ft, retrieve a 10-pound brick at the bottom of the pool, return to the surface, swim on the back holding a brick to starting position, and exit the water.
- Tread Water - 2 minutes legs only, no arms
HOW TO REGISTER?
Registration can be done at the front desk or online.
- To register online, go to the Y's website
- You will need to log in or create an account to see what classes are available.
- The easiest way to find the Lifeguard classes is to type "Lifeguard" into the search box.
- The classes will come up, pick the ones that you can attend and then finish out the registration process.