Health & Wellness Floor Staff
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the guidance and supervision of the Assoc. Wellness Director the Health and Wellness Floor Staff has the responsibility to enhance customer service by providing member assistance in the Fitness Center and Free Weight/Track area while keeping facilities neat and running smoothly.
- Actively approach members in the Fitness Center and Free Weight/Track area to help build relationships.
- Clean Fitness Center and Free Weight/Track area equipment on a daily basis.
- Regularly check fitness center and weight room for damaged equipment; report all needed repairs to Assoc. Wellness Director.
- Conduct individual member orientations to provide members with general knowledge on how to use cardio equipment and strength equipment machines in the Fitness Center and Free Weight/Track area.
- Assist members with equipment usage and be available and visible in the fitness center to answer basic fitness questions.
- Set the example for members in the areas of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Completes in a timely manner all requests from supervisor(s) and aids in the achievement of department and center goals and objectives.
- Read, know, follow and enforce emergency procedures, YMCA policies, rules, and health codes applicable to the facility.
- Help with special events.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Sr. Director of Wellness
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Knowledge of fitness equipment and general exercise training concepts.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and display a high level of customer service.
Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities.
Please email all inquiries and resumes to [email protected]