Group Exercise Instructor
Job Type: Part-Time
This position is responsible for instructing safe and effective group exercise and/or related classes for a wide range of participants and members.
- Plans and instructs group exercise and/or related classes, following industry standards and guidelines.
- Arrives and sets up 7-10 minutes before class and cleans up after classes and protects health, safety, and welfare of participants by keeping fitness area safe.
- Reports any equipment problems.
- Maintains current certifications, and provides updates to certifications to the Wellness Director and/or Assoc. Wellness Director.
- Represents the NSYMCA in a positive manner. Discusses and promotes all YMCA programs and follows YMCA policies and procedures.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and adheres to professional dress attire.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- May perform fitness testing and orientations.
- Secures a substitute if unable to attend scheduled shift.
- Responsible for judging appropriate levels for all participants.
- Develops rapport with members and responds to member questions related to fitness.
- Coordinates the use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Ensures safe and effective workouts. Responds to and reports accidents and incidents.
- Any additional job duties as assigned.
Must have a current certification from an NCAA National Accredited Program for Group Exercise. Obtain state-approved First Aid and CPR Certifications as well as AED. Must have a basic knowledge of fitness and equivalent work/education experience. Must have a minimum of 10 hours of practical experience as a Group Exercise Instructor. Ability to lead a group exercise class, ability to motivate and educate members with an enthusiastic attitude.
Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities.
Please email all inquiries and resumes to [email protected]